One-way thermal release valve BVTS (capillary: 1,3 meter)
The Thermostatic Valve BVTS is designed for protection of boilers and fi re stoves. It prevents overheating by discharging water from heat generator, condensing coil or heat exchanger. The BVTS valve is used also to prevent backburning in the fuel store of biomass boilers by fl ooding the fuel in case of excessive temperature. The BVTS is self-acting, i.e. it operates without supply of auxiliary energy such as electricity or compressed air.
The Thermostatic Valve type BVTS is actuated by temperature increase.
The valve consists of two integrated elements:
- spring loaded valve
- hermetically sealed thermostatic element with bellows, sensor and charge inside
The valve is adjusted to open at sensor temperature of 95ºC. This setting is fi xed and cannot be changed by user. When the temperature around sensor increases the charge inside the sensor heats up building up the pressure. This pressure is transferred to the valve via the capillary tube and bellows. At sensor temperature of 95ºC the pressure in bellows becomes greater than the spring load so the pin lifts up and the valve opens.
• Needs no power supply – self acting
• Opens on rising sensor temperature
• Can be mounted on cold water inlet or hot water outlet of the boiler
• Can be mounted in any position
• Brass and other wetted materials suitable for drinking water
• Integrated sensor and valve body to eliminate risk of setting change
• Double sensor to ensure fail-safe operation
• Capillary tube protected against kinking by steel sheath
• Space saving compact design
Valve cannot be subjected to direct fire.
Failure to follow this instruction may damage the valve and cause the loss of warranty
• Media: Water
• Maximum Working Pressure: 10 bar
• Ambient temperature: 0 to 125 ˚C
• Media temperature: 5 to 110˚C
• Opening temperature: 95˚C (fixed)
• Hysteresis: 6ºC
• Flow capacity: 2.4 m3/h at min. 1 bar flow pressure
• Connection size: G ¾ pipe thread ISO 228
• Length of capillary tube: 1.3 m